Sunday, February 13, 2011

Farewell Corporate America… Hello Photography!

I am entering my fourth week of self-employment and I honestly love it!  Not having to be up at 5:00 am, scrambling to get out of the house only to end up sitting in traffic for an hour plus is beyond words for me.  But don’t get me wrong it isn’t as easy as it sounds my friends.

I am getting a crash course in true time management; working in an office environment forces that on you on a daily basis.  What I am learning in my adventure is that there truly are not enough hours in the day to accomplish everything you want to most of the time.    I had this grand vision of getting many projects done around the house in my first few weeks and easing myself into the new role of business owner, sounds nice doesn’t it.

Actually my first few weeks ended up in a tremendous amount of time at the computer exploring creative ways to advertise my business.  I must add that this was with much success and that is what this is all about and I am happy to have spent that time.  My next steps are to balance work and life…

The plan for the next few weeks is to determine how to allow for the flexibility in which my work needs and allow for time with my husband, friends, self and getting some of my much-needed home projects accomplished.  I will be sure to share with you in the coming weeks on what is working and what is not. 

In the meantime feel free to enjoy my upcoming posts surrounding my work… this week I am starting 52-week project.  Each week I will photograph a different subject and will share with you my favorite shots from the week.

And we’re off!


No comments:

Post a Comment