Thursday, June 23, 2011

Making art...

I am getting really antsy to start creating some artful photography!  I love all mediums of art but I must admit that portrait photography never struck me as being art.  I know that is a silly statement and there is art in capturing the moment, posing subjects or processing the final image and not everyone can do it let alone be great at it.  When I photograph a family, wedding or a single person I get excited when I get the shot that I want but to be honest at the end of the day I am not going to hang it on my wall (I sure hope my clients do though).   
What I am getting at is I want to really start diving into some landscape photography or taking pictures of random things and processing them to my hearts desire... and then I want to hang them on my wall, I want others to want to hang them on their wall!
In an effort to make time for myself to work on fine art photography I will be signing up for a fun landscape photography learning field trip in late summer and I am going to make a great effort to write down my ideas and get out there a photograph.  It feels nice to have these creative juices start flowing again, I knew they were in there somewhere and I must admit they took a little while longer to emerge than I expected.  
I will be sure to share my learning experience and of course my end product as I go.  This week I had the opportunity to visit the Chihuly Glass Museum in Tacoma so I made a point to shoot with art in mind and edit with art in mind.  Here is what I came up with ~ Enjoy!




1 comment:

  1. LOVE those first two, especially.

    I see what you mean about portraits not feeling like art, but I feel like my friend does a great job making people into art (not necessarily portraits, of course). Check out his site: http://www.photojq.com/.

    ReplyDelete